eForesee

Re: eForesee malta-ict: Scenarios Workshop (29-30 August) - DRAFT REPORT

  • Subject: Re: eForesee malta-ict: Scenarios Workshop (29-30 August) - DRAFT REPORT
  • From: "Angele Giuliano"
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 08:56:51 +0200

Dear Jennifer,

First and foremost thanks for last week's event.. it was a great
motivator for all and hopefully the path forward is now clearer.

Just a small correction on the Hard Times Scenario:

In the part where you wrote: " Students become slowly worse.
There is a mish-mash of knowledge generated. "

we wanted to say that students are given a mish-mash of
knowledge and thus they only know a bit of everything but
are experts of nothing. The implication is that there will be no
real expertise in Malta and no centres of excellence in any topic.

This was a trend that we though might emerge since already
there is a lot of fragmentation even in study disciplines but
the courses available try to take the best of all worlds and
do not concentrate enough on "pure" topics.

Also, the bullets at the beginning can go in with the drivers
as they are some of the causes of the scenario given.

Thanks again for all,

Best Regards,

Angele Giuliano

AcrossLimits - http://www.acrosslimits.com
(address) 16 Bwieraq Street, Birkirkara - Malta
(mobile) +356 99447060  (email) [email protected]
(tel) +356 21 496376, 21 493983  (fax) +356 21 486008