eForesee

Re: eForesee malta-ict: Scenarios for Malta in ICT

  • Subject: Re: eForesee malta-ict: Scenarios for Malta in ICT
  • From: Leonard Bezzina
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:18:10 +0200

Dear Jennifer,

I would like to suggest the following scenario:

Malta would become a centre of excellence in ICT in education (practiceand theory). This implies a situation where all teachers are making thebest possible use of ICT in order to enhance teaching and learning in allareas of the curriculum and at all levels of our education system (primary,secondary, post-secondary and tertiary). This vision includes making mostof the communication capabilities of current and future technology in orderto promote learning at a distance and at all times of the day (e-learning)and at facilitating communication between parents/guardians and the school.It also implies a situation where Malta develops innovative ways of makinguse of ICT in our classrooms.  Once such a vision is in place we canbecome a Mediteranean centre of excellence in teacher education in thisarea. We can then offer appropriate University level courses mainly throughdistance learning.

Leonard Bezzina

Jennifer Cassingena Harper wrote:

DearColleagues,  We wouldlike to initiate an on-line discussion on alternative futures for Maltain ICT. We would like you to send us up to ten different scenario themesfor Malta in ICT.  Thesecan be scenario themes focused on:
  • specific niche areas (e.g. Malta as ane-learning hub)
  • or ICT-enabled initiatives (e.g. on-linegambling)
  • or telecomms-related initiatives
  • or any other ideas in general !!
 Ideally, this exercise should notinvolve too much time - maximum 30 minutes - just jot down what comes immediatelyto mind. So send us your feedback if possible by Thursday 22 August.Lookingforward to hearing from you, Jennifer
___________Dr.Jennifer Cassingena Harper
Head, Policy Unit,
Malta Council for Science and Technology
Villa Bighi, Bighi, Kalkara CSP 11,Malta
email: [email protected]   http://www.mcst.org.mt
direct dial-in: +356 23602125
tel. +356 21 660340 (fax) +356 21660341

Dr Leonard Bezzina
Department of Mathematics, Science and Technical Education
Faculty of Education
University of Malta
Msida MSD 06
Malta