eForesee

Re: eForesee malta-ict: Scenarios for Malta in ICT

  • Subject: Re: eForesee malta-ict: Scenarios for Malta in ICT
  • From: "Dr Myra K Tilney"
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:15:17 +0200

Jennifer,
sorry for the delay.

1.I would like to see Malta as a distance -learning e-hub,capitalising on mixed,distance-learning and on-site educational programmes,combined with use of English, which is a differentiator. This could be in conjunction with overseas partnership-which could be used to open up opportunities for local people e.g. sabbaticals facilitated within these partnerships.Obviously this would have to be adequately resourced, with due attention paid to international competition.I think that long-term this should  prove to be an income generator for Malta.

2.Virtual communities that enable higher levels of local development.e.g. having all our professionals trained to be able to meaningfully participate.For example,within medicine,the ability of all our doctors to participate and have access to the latest developments-or even better have systems in place enabling practice to reach the highest levels..This would require access to knowledge databases at present,and in future,decision support.

Taking this a step further to develop  seamless'care between private/public sector,University and government. For this to occur there has to be a global vision developing this -preferably from the end-user perspective.
e.g. the development of an electronic patient record on a smart card,that would be accessible to all authorised users allowing for issues such as confidentiality.

Hope these are helopful,
with kind regards,
Myra