eForesee

eForesee Malta Marine: Invitation to the Marine Pilot Scenarios meeting on 10th October

  • Subject: eForesee Malta Marine: Invitation to the Marine Pilot Scenarios meeting on 10th October
  • From: eForesee Malta Marine
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:51:06 +0200

TO ALL MEMBERS ON THE eFORESEE MARINE PILOT LIST
Project of the Malta Council for Science &Technology
in collaboration with the
MedGOOS/MAMA Project of the IOI-Malta Operational Centre, UoM
Visit our website on eforesee.info/malta/marine.shtml
To send in your comments, ask for more information or unsubscribe please contact
Aldo Drago, Marine Pilot Leader, IOI-MOC, UoM ([email protected] )
or Sharon DeMarco, eFORESEE National Co-Ordinator, MCST ([email protected]).

PREPARING SCENARIOS FOR THE MARINE SECTOR IN 2020
'The future of the Marine Sector in the Maltese Islands''

Following an ad hoc preparatory meeting held earlier this month (report in attach), we are now finalising arrangements for the main meeting on future scenarios in the marine sector.

This open meeting is scheduled for Friday 10th October at Villa Bighi, Kalkara at the premises of the Malta Council for S&T, from 9:00am to 3:30pm.

The agenda for the meeting is in attach.

This meeting will build on work already achieved in preparing future scenarios for the marine sector in the Maltese Islands.  I hope that you will be able to participate to this important meeting. The Marine Pilot Foresight Project is now at its most critical stage and the meeting will be an occasion to get a wide range of opinions on the future of the marine sector. It will also be an occasion to meet together and enjoy during the lunch break a reception on the terrace of Villa Bighi overlooking the Grand Harbour.

PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF THIS MESSAGE

FOR LOGISTIC ARRANGEMENTS PLEASE SEND US BY NEXT FRIDAY A NOTE TO COMFIRM YOUR PARTICIPATION TO THIS MEETING.

Contributions from several Marine Pilot EG members have in the meantime already been received and cover the following areas of activity:

National Marine Transportation

Education

Marine environmental monitoring

Fisheries capture

Fisheries culture

Marine biotechnology

Mineral extraction from the sea

Marine Protected Areas and Marine Planning

Dumping at sea and Land reclamation

Tourism

Potable water from the sea

For each activity (i) the key drivers have been identified; (ii) a SWOT analysis performed, and (iii) a list of recommended actions prepared, foillowing the guidelines proposed during the 3rd Sept. ad hoc meeting. Have a look at the attached report where there is an example of a contribution on national marine transportation.

The  table of marine activities (in attach) has been amended and enhanced in the process. It is still not final. You will note that some other areas have still to be developed. Before the meeting we will have time to receive further contributions, as well as refine those that we already have. Those of you wishing to file in a contribution can send to me on [email protected];

For each contribution please:

1.

Amend Table.doc in attach, by adding the relevant area/sub-areas of marine activities to which you are contributing. Please note that we should list not only the current acrtivities, but also potential activities.

2.

Complete the SWOT analysis for the marine-related area/sub-area of activity that you are tackling. Follow the format of the example on national marine transportation as reported in the attached document report2_exscenarios_3rdsep2003.doc.

3.

Identify for each area of activity which are the   key drivers (again following the format of the example on national marine transportation)

4.

Propose a list of important recommended policies/actions for his/her area of activity.

All contributions will be treated again and finalised during the meeting on 10th October.

Please do not hesitate to ask for any further clarifications/information.

With thanks for your effort and support. The Marine Pilot can only be useful if we ascertain your participation and feedbacks.

So looking forward to meet you soon.

Aldo Drago

Marine Pilot Leader

report2_exscenarios_3rdsep2003.doc

table.doc

Agenda for MPmeeting_10OCT.doc

top-of-page Email-A-Page

  [ foresight in cyprus ] [ foresight in estonia ] [ foresight in malta ]
  [ conferences and events ] [ mailing lists ] [ foresight links ] [ search ]
  [ home ] [ about foresight ] [ contact us ] [ web discussion ] [ user area ]

   Design, hosting and programming by AcrossLimitsAcrossLimits.