eForesee

eForesee News: An Invitation to Participate in a New Initiative on CompetitiveCareers - Launch of Mailing List

  • Subject: eForesee News: An Invitation to Participate in a New Initiative on CompetitiveCareers - Launch of Mailing List
  • From: eForesee
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:37:42 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

This is an invitation to participate in a new initiative being launched by the Malta Council for Science and Technology to promote CompetitiveCareers. This initiative is a spin-off of the eFORESEE Malta pilots and addresses a critical concern of all three pilots (ICT, biotech and marine sciences): increasing and improving human resources in STI, identifying and developing new economy skills and the use of foresight to promote careers for competitiveness.

The CompetitiveCareers initiative aims to bring together key stakeholders in Malta in anything related to careers. This includes four key groups:
  • Careers Advice and Guidance Services,
  • HR, Training & Recruitment Units,
  • Public agencies in employment education & training and Unions,
  • Student, Industry, & Professional Bodies.

Each of these groups develops its strategies and approaches to careers, recruitment, training and employment, largely independently of the others. This initiative is aimed at stimulating a discussion on how we can improve synergies so that our young people can have exciting careers to look forward to. Particular areas we are targeting are careers in research and innovation.

We are planning to organize a workshop on Friday 26 September 2003 at Villa Bighi to bring together local stakeholders (further details to be made available shortly). This will build on the on-line discussion which has been launched via this mailing list.

For more information on CompetitiveCareers,  please visit:  http://eforesee.info/malta/competitivemalta.shtml?s=C1BC27E1-7D3814105810-723F-7D3814105810-723F

best regards,

Jennifer

___________

Jennifer Cassingena Harper
Director, Policy Unit
Malta Council for Science and Technology _ http://www.mcst.org.mt
Villa Bighi, Kalkara CSP 12, Malta

Email [email protected]
+356 2360 2125 Direct Dialing
+356 2166 0340 Switchboard
+356 2166 0341 Fax

eFORESEE Project http://eforesee.info

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of MCST.

top-of-page Email-A-Page

  [ foresight in cyprus ] [ foresight in estonia ] [ foresight in malta ]
  [ conferences and events ] [ mailing lists ] [ foresight links ] [ search ]
  [ home ] [ about foresight ] [ contact us ] [ web discussion ] [ user area ]

   Design, hosting and programming by AcrossLimitsAcrossLimits.